I planned to show my top categories at homepage as featured categories so I planned to make OpenCart module for free to get this functionality. Let’s say it “Category Featured Show Module”. As I created an OpenCart module so we can enjoy unlimited module instance system which means we can show the same module in different layouts at same pages and also on different pages. Please take into consideration that I have created this module for OpenCart version 3.0, 126.96.36.199. and supposed that it will be compatible with above 2.0.2 🙂 I am lazy to test them. Please provide feedback if it is not compatible then we can go through the problem. To get Featured Category Show module below OpenCart Version 2 click here.
Let’s start to install Category Featured Show Module.
- First download the module:
DOWNLOAD Featured Categories OpenCart Module for free (OpenCart below 2.2)
- Then unzip it and upload the files and folders to their respective folders.
- OpenCart core files are not changed.
- Now login to Admin section and go to Extensions>> Module >> Category Featured
- Install Category Featured Show Module (If you don’t know how to install OpenCart module then read here).
- Click edit blue button
- Then enter details
- Enter Module Name which will show the module heading at front.
- Then Start typing category name and click the category you want to show at the front (Uses AutoComplete functionality to show lists of a matched name of categories).
- Enter limit to show categories at front
- Enter width of image that you like to show at the front
- Enter height of image that you like to show at the front
- Choose the status, Enabled to show the module and Disabled to hide the module
- Now Click Save button
Check our setting in the image below:
Now set layout and position for Category Featured Show Module. We are showing Category Featured Show Module at homepage so follow same steps as below if you like to show to different layout then choose the respective layout.
- Go to Admin >> System >> Design >> Layouts.
- Then click blue plus button at the bottom which will add another row.
- ThenÂ select “Category Featured > Top Category” at Module column.
- Select “Content Top” at Position Column.
- Enter your desired Sort Order at Sort Order Column.
- Then click save button.
Our setting to show at home page is as shown in the image below:
Go to home page and you will see the image below:
You can show as many module instances as you like and your heading title is shown as Module Name from admin so it is also customized as needed.
This module has been successfully tested for a standard OpenCart 188.8.131.52.
If you get any problem with the module then let me know by commenting or through the contact form.
Future upgrade: Options to hide and show of category description, name and upload the customized image for the category and different layouts. Likewise, make the module to show products as per category. Keep on visiting for updates 🙂
Further help and customized versions: If you need a customized version of this module and any other opencart help and support then let me know. You can email us at email@example.com