Today something went wrong with encoding in opencart – we cannot save the city with special language characters, like raga, but found out that it is a database field error.
When we try to insert raga, it is inserted as R?ga. ? marks in place of special characters
So we have to find out why this is happening, we check the code all working fine and at last, saw the database table field have a collation of latin1_bin so we change it to utf8_bin and the special character is saved on the database and the same are shown correctly.
So while making the database table keep these things into mind, if you have to save multi-language then utf8_bin is to be set on the collation
Let us know if you have questions or concerns so that we can help you out, similarly, let us know if there are another best solutions. Till then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for Opencart video tutorials. You can also find us on Twitter and Facebook.