We can install Opencart extensions, module in two ways, directly from admin section Marketplace and another is using FTP or SFTP.
Directly from admin section Marketplace:
- Login to admin >> Extensions >> Marketplace.
- Then search module/extension that you want to install
- Then click the module and click the Download tab and then click the install button.
If you have not set the API then you may get the error “Signature hash does not match!” whose solution is below:
- If you got FTP issue then see “FTP needs to be enabled in the settings”
- You are all set
I set it up but not able to find the required modules although I searched for the same name of the modules which is frustrating with this setup because all modules developer may not have *.ocmod.zip file.
Another issue can be server issue if your file_get_contents are not active then it will install the module:
Warning: file_get_contents(): https:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0
Failed to open stream no suitable wrapper could be found
Uploading files and folders from FTP
- Upload files from FTP and you are set
Uploading Ocmod file directly from the admin section:
- Download the *.ocmod.zip file for the modules and then upload from admin>>extensions>>Installer
Hope you liked this post, let us know if you have any questions or suggestions, please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for Opencart video tutorials. You can also find us on Twitter and Facebook. Enjoy!