Feedback Module for Opencart for Free -eCommerce Solution
Feedback or Testimonial Module is the module for Opencart by which customer can provide their feedback about the site or product or any services. I was encouraged to develop it because there is only review system for the products but not for the site and services so i made this feedback or testimonial module.Download Feedback or Testimonial Module for free Demo of Feedback Module
INSTALLATION OF FILES:
- Unzip the zip file where you will find “Testimonial-OpenCart-Module-Free-master” folder.
- “Testimonial-OpenCart-Module-Free-master” folder contains “admin” and “catalog” folder
- Upload the files and folders of admin and catalog folder to your OpenCart root folder. You can use FTP or SFTP to upload these files and folder.
- After completing uploading, login to admin section, go to Extensions > Modules.
- Go to “Testimonial” and click the green install button.
- Our Testimonial module is installed. Now click blue edit button. If this is first time then you will see like the following image to install the database.
- Click the Install Database button and three tables are created in database. As following sql queries are run, for easy installation I created this way.
CREATE TABLE `oc_testimonial` ( `testimonial_id` int(11) NOT NULL, `name` varchar(64) NOT NULL, `status` tinyint(1) NOT NULL ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8; CREATE TABLE `oc_testimonial_image` ( `testimonial_image_id` int(11) NOT NULL, `testimonial_id` int(11) NOT NULL, `link` varchar(255) NOT NULL, `image` varchar(255) NOT NULL, `sort_order` int(3) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8; CREATE TABLE `oc_testimonial_image_description` ( `testimonial_image_id` int(11) NOT NULL, `language_id` int(11) NOT NULL, `testimonial_id` int(11) NOT NULL, `title` varchar(64) NOT NULL, `message` text NOT NULL, `name` varchar(250) NOT NULL, `position` varchar(250) NOT NULL ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8; ALTER TABLE `oc_testimonial` ADD PRIMARY KEY (`testimonial_id`); ALTER TABLE `oc_testimonial_image` ADD PRIMARY KEY (`testimonial_image_id`); ALTER TABLE `oc_testimonial_image_description` ADD PRIMARY KEY (`testimonial_image_id`,`language_id`); ALTER TABLE `oc_testimonial` MODIFY `testimonial_id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, AUTO_INCREMENT=11; ALTER TABLE `oc_testimonial_image` MODIFY `testimonial_image_id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, AUTO_INCREMENT=144;
- Wait did you see Permission Denied message. Then it means you do not have permission to access this page, please refer to your system administrator. If you are administrator then Go to the System >> Users >> User Groups and edit the “Administrator” or related user group and then check checkbox “module/testimonial” and “design/testimonial” in both Access Permission and Modify Permission as in the figure. For easiness you can click “Select All” in both permission and grant all access ( Do this only for top administrator).
- Once you grant permission, you will be able install the database and install the module. Now edit the “Testimonial” module and click the “Install Database” blue button.
- Now you will see as following image where you will insert the Testimonial, click the Insert Testimonial button.
- You can insert multiple list of testimonial so you can show different testimonials in different layouts.
- Now start to inserting testimonials by clicking the blue button and see the image what goes where:
- After inserting these you choose that into the testimonial module. Go to Admin>> Extensions>> Modules >> Testimonial >> Edit
- Now activate Testimonial module
- Now go to Admin >> Design >> Layout, then edit the “Category” from the list. We are showing our testimonial module at category left column.
- Now view any category page and you will see like the image below:
- You are ready to go live.
- If you feel like you have to change the CSS then you can edit catalog/view/theme/default/module/testimonial.tpl. I am lazy and integrate the css in the same file.
- If you want to change animation then you can set at catalog/view/theme/default/module/testimonial.tpl
Other than that if you need help then please comment below.
This module code is the intellectual property of the designers involved in its creation. As an Opensource code you are entitled to use it freely and modify it if you wish but please keep the credits intact.