OpenCart cookiefy module is another free module from webocreation.com where it will show the cookie when the site loads for the first time. As the EU Cookie law states, that site owners have to inform visitors about their usage of cookies. It was created to save and protect the privacy of site visitors. I have tested this module only for 188.8.131.52.
Steps to install “Cookiefy” opencart 184.108.40.206 module for free:
- Download the module
Download OpenCart Cookiefy Module for Versions 2.3
- Extract the zip file.
- Upload the admin folder which is inside the “Upload” folder to your server “admin” folder
- Now login to admin section then go to Extensions>> Extensions >> Choose the extension type >> Modules >> Then install the Cookie Module
- After installation, edit the Cookie Module and then enter your preferences:
- Save it.
- Go to Extensions >> Extension Installer >> where you upload the cookiefy.install.ocmod.xml if you see any error then see how to solve the Ocmod installation error.
- After successful installation, go to Extensions>> Modification and click the log tab and see if some errors are showing, if the error shows then you have to solve it first.
- If no error click the refresh button
- You are all set.
- If you have multiple languages then you have to translate the admin/language/en-gb/extension/module/cookie.php and place into admin/language/YOURLANGUAGEFOLDER/extension/module
- Enjoy the free module.
If you want to add the link to the cookie text then use some <a href=”YourLink”>Text</a>
That output as below:
Benefits of using jquery.cookiefy
- Simple to understand.
- Easy to customize.
- Lightweight: just 4 kb in total.
- Create and customize your EU cookie law warning in just a few minutes.
What is jquery.cookiefy?
If you are using cookies on your website, you have to inform them about your usage of cookies. jquery.cookiefy helps you fulfill the restrictions of the new EU cookie law. You only have to adust the predefined parameters to your custom needs.
Try it, let me your experience and your suggestions to improve it.