We planned to show my top categories at the homepage as featured categories so we planned to make the OpenCart module for free to get this functionality. Let’s say it “Category Featured Show Module”. As we created an OpenCart module so we can enjoy an unlimited module instance system which means we can show the same module in different layouts on the same pages and also on different pages. Please take into consideration that we have created this module for OpenCart version 3.0, 188.8.131.52. and suppose that it will be compatible with above 2.0.2, we are lazy to test them. Please provide feedback if it is not compatible then we can go through the problem.
Let’s start to install Category Featured Show Module.
- First download the module:
DOWNLOAD Featured Categories OpenCart Module for free (OpenCart below 2.2)
DOWNLOAD Featured Categories OpenCart Module for free (OpenCart 184.108.40.206)
DOWNLOAD Featured Categories OpenCart Module for free (OpenCart Version 3.0)
Download featured categories Opencart module for free (Opencart version 220.127.116.11)
- Then unzip it and upload the files and folders to their respective folders.
- OpenCart core files are not changed.
- Now login to Admin section and go to Extensions>> Module >> Category Featured
- Install the Category Featured Show Module (If you don’t know how to install the OpenCart module then read here).
- Click edit blue button
- Then enter details
- Enter Module Name which will show the module heading at front.
- Then Start typing category name and click the category you want to show at the front (Uses AutoComplete functionality to show lists of a matched name of categories).
- Enter limit to show categories at front
- Enter the width of the image that you like to show at the front
- Enter the height of the image that you like to show at the front
- Choose the status, Enabled to show the module and Disabled to hide the module
- Now Click Save button
Check our setting in the image below:
Now set layout and position for Category Featured Show Module. We are showing the Category Featured Show Module at homepage so follow the same steps as below if you like to show to different layout then choose the respective layout.
- Go to Admin >> System >> Design >> Layouts.
- Then click the blue plus button at the bottom which will add another row.
- ThenÂ select “Category Featured > Top Category” at the Module column.
- Select “Content Top” at Position Column.
- Enter your desired Sort Order at Sort Order Column.
- Then click the save button.
Our setting to show at home page is as shown in the image below:
Go to the home page and you will see the image below:
You can show as many module instances as you like and your heading title is shown as Module Name from admin so it is also customized as needed.
This module has been successfully tested for a standard OpenCart 18.104.22.168.
If you get any problem with the module then let me know by commenting or through the contact form.
Future upgrade: Options to hide and show of category description, name and upload the customized image for the category and different layouts. Likewise, make the module to show products as per the category. Keep on visiting for updates 🙂
Further help and customized versions: If you need a customized version of this module and any other Opencart help and support then let me know. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org