DApps or Decentralized Applications: What are they?
Blockchain technology is already here and works to improve and secure many of the issues that concern our day to day. Among the improvements that the blockchain brings us, we find DApps or Decentralized Applications (Decentralized Applications), a type of application that does not depend on a central server but is based on a decentralized network of computers. This fact makes it possible to access the information in a more secure way.
In order to be part of the development of applications and tools based on the blockchain, at Three Points we advise you not to neglect your training and to make the most of programs such as the Master in Blockchain and Crypto. Thanks to this postgraduate course, you will be able to learn how to get the most out of this technology, which is increasingly present in our daily lives. Do not doubt it, currently, the market is demanding 26% more professionals trained in this field.
What are DApps?
Dapps or Decentralized Applications are a category of applications that work from a decentralized network of computers. The data generated by these applications are hosted on a computer network that works so that the information is safe and also has easy access.
The decentralized network is what is known as DLT, a set of non-centralized technologies, which are generally based on blockchain technology.
To try to understand it, what happens with DApps is that, instead of running on a central server, it runs on a network made up of a large number of computers or nodes.
The main characteristics of DApps are:
· Security: due to the use of blockchain, they work on very strong cryptography that allows greater security to the data that is used in them.
· Decentralization: it does not require central servers, which means it does not depend on them and, therefore, has fewer failures.
· Open source: having a source code available provides great transparency. Anyone can inspect the code or improve it.
· Blockchain: they are based on the blockchain to encrypt the data that is handled.
DApps and Rust blockchain
Among the characteristics that these types of applications have, we must highlight the blockchain. The DApps have their origin in it and in its security possibilities, more and more tangible.
The DApps or Decentralized Applications interact on the blockchain in which your Smart contract is running. In other words, each interaction in the Decentralized Applications creates a new entry of information in the blockchain. Thanks to this interaction, the data is stored in a cryptographic way to add greater security to the operation.
We must be aware of the importance of blockchain technology for the security of the information that is handled through it. That is why this type of rust blockchain application is used so much, especially in companies. But not only that, beyond the business world, the innovation provided by the blockchain is transferred to other types of very different applications, such as blockchain games for Android.
What advantages do DApps in Rust have?
DApps have certain advantages over other applications :
· The security provided by the blockchain allows the most sensitive user information to be shielded against theft, manipulation, and cyberattacks by third parties.
· If used for social media posting, it cannot be tracked by any central entity so that the data can be used for commercial purposes.
· They allow contracts to be closed through Smart Contracts (smart contracts), which are executed automatically if certain conditions are met.
· By having a distribution in nodes, there is no service drop. Should any part of the network go down, the rest will continue to function without a problem.
Benefits of building DApps with Rust :
The top 2 benefits of building web3 DApps with Rust instead of Solidity are: Rust’s fast speeds and memory-safe properties make development safer for engineers and apps more efficient for customers.
Memory safety is a property of some programming languages that prevent programmers from making certain types of memory-related errors.
Rust Blockchain achieves memory security using the principle of ownership and borrowing. Rust ensures memory safety by removing memory-related errors at compile time, making it memory efficient without the use of a garbage collector like other memory-safe languages.