By default, OpenCart has every country enabled in your Localisation settings. What if your online store only caters to a few countries. Disabling them all in the admin panel one by one would be a pain. You would have to:
- Open System > Localisation > Countries menu in admin panel.
- Click Edit on the country you want to disable.
- Choose Disabled in the Status field.
You would have to iterate this process several times if you are to do this manually.
A solution to this is to disable all of them at once through an SQL statement and enable the countries individually in the admin panel which is about a hundred times easier than the latter. Here’s how:
- Open your OpenCart database in phpMyAdmin or any other database management tool you use.
- Execute the following SQL:
status=0This SQL statement sets the Status of all countries to Disabled.
- Go back to your admin panel and enable your selected countries manually.
When a visitor registers as a customer in OpenCart, only the enabled countries will appear. Hope this help someone.