Go to the link below to see how to setup in OpenCart version 126.96.36.199
With advancement of versions OpenCart is using best opensource like bootstrap, flexslider, Magnific Popup: Responsive jQuery Lightbox Plugin, OWL Carousel, fontawesome and for captcha now it is using Google reCAPTCHA, in this blog post I will show you how to set it up in contact usÂ page soÂ captcha is easy for human and toughÂ for the bots and in part 2 i will show how to make it work in registration page.
What do you mean by Google reCAPTCHA?
reCAPTCHA is a free service to protect your website from spam and abuse. reCAPTCHA uses an advanced risk analysis engine and adaptive CAPTCHAs to keep automated software from engaging in abusive activities on your site. It does this while letting your valid users pass through with ease. Get more details fromÂ https://www.google.com/recaptcha/intro/index.html
How it works?
It is demonstrated by the following videos.
Now let’s move with OpenCart.
How to set it up in OpenCart?
- Go toÂ https://www.google.com/recaptcha/adminÂ (login with gmail account if not)Â and enter yourÂ Label(Any name) and domain name(website url).
- When you click register button, you will get site key and secret key.
- Now go to admin section of OpenCart site and go to SystemÂ >>Â Setting and edit the your store and go to Google tab.
- Go to contact us page and you will see that Google reCaptcha is activated.
- Now in Part 2 we will discuss about how to show google reCAPTCHA at other pages like at registration page.
Part II:Â OpenCart is using Google reCAPTCHA, let set it up in registration page Part 2